Saturday, October 29, 2011

Further Adventures in Online Procrastination

My new favorite way to procrastinate as I attempt to write the soul-crushing document known as a synopsis of my novel is OkCupid. The tests are awesome (whoever wrote this reincarnation placement exam is brilliant), but there’s also the potential for meaningful interaction with people on the other side of the computer, like the following: 

   
Oct 28, 2011 – 7:23pm
Hi! I'm Michael. How are you? I was just wondering if you were interested in getting to know me? 

 16% Enemy 72% Friend 55% Match Message from Mikepb860 


Oct 29, 2011 – 1:13pm 

 Hi Michael

Not to put too much stock in the whole match percentage thing, but I'm thinking the odds don't look so good at 55%. Maybe we'd be good pen pals?  I'm always up for talking to new people.
 



Oct 29, 2011 – 1:32pm  

LMAO....Don't even bother replying with a ridiculous reply like that. I have a life and other girls that are actually interested.
 

  
Now  Forever

 [Speechless.]


No comments:

Post a Comment